m4-discuss

Re: license question

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: license question
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 15:38:28 -0400

Hi Eric,

Sorry for the late reply.

On Jul 25, 2007, at 12:04 AM, Eric Blake wrote:
While cleaning up the GPLv3 update, I noticed that CVS Head currently has m4/COPYING.LIB with LGPL 2.1, inserted in 2000 by Gary. But nothing in
CVS mentions being licensed under LGPL.  Now that LGPLv3 is available,
there's even less reason to refer to LGPL 2.1 in CVS. I'm thinking the
best thing to do is just remove COPYING.LIB, but I wanted to make sure
before doing it.

IIRC (and memory does get a little hazy after 7 years!), I was thinking of shipping libm4 under LGPL at the time. I'm not especially attached to that
idea though, so feel free to remove if you'd like.

Cheers,
        Gary
--
  ())_.              Email me: address@hidden