m4-discuss

Problems installing M4 on windows 7

From: Ove Fagerheim
Subject: Problems installing M4 on windows 7
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 16:41:36 +0200

Hello
I'm trying to install M4 on windows 7, but need to compile it first. From a Git bash cli i run: ' ./configure; make; make install'. The configure process runs all kinds of tests, it ends up in an error, 'make: command not found' Last output was
config.status: creating lib/config.h
config.status: executing stamp-h commands
bash: make: command not found
bash: make: command not found
Is there a description of the compilation process anywhere, or can someone help me solv this issue?

Best regards
Ove