mailman

Re: removing defunct list

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: removing defunct list
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 18:42:57 GMT

Hi Trevor,

    Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 13:05:46 +0100
    From: Trevor Spiteri <address@hidden>
    To: address@hidden

    ages, and apart from a few messages almost a decade ago, the archives
    contain just spam. Can the list be removed or disabled?

Sorry for the delayed reply.  Yes.  I've disabled the list from incoming
mail now, and marked it "unadvertised" in mailman.  I also removed the
HTML archives since I see what you mean about spam (particularly yucky
ones, too, it seemed).  I left the plain text archives if by some weird
chance it ever becomes important.  We don't typically completely delete
lists.

All the best,
Karl