mailman

Wrong URI on some archives searches without JavaScript

From: Akater
Subject: Wrong URI on some archives searches without JavaScript
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2017 04:29:52 +0000

Steps to reproduce:
1. Turn off JavaScript
2. Go to http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/
3. Search for something with default settings (I searched for ignucius)
4. The URI in browser is complete
5. On this page, use drop-down menu to change “by score” to “in reverse
chronological order”.
6. Click Search

You are then redirected to the new URI which is now incomplete, namely,
is missing idxname=help-gnu-emacs

Thus, the search mechanism works without JavaScript from the archive page but
silently breaks on the secondary search page.

I don't understand web programing and thus do not know why or if was JS
necessary here but at least you could post a warning on the archive page
or on the secondary search page, telling users that your secondary
search fails if JavaScript is off.

Or maybe you really could do without JS here.

Checked with Firefox 52.4.0.