mailman

Re: mailman keeps holding for non-subscribers

From: Eric Wong
Subject: Re: mailman keeps holding for non-subscribers
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 09:04:01 +0000

Bob Proulx <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think we will simply have to agree to disagree.  However to be clear
> the configuration of your mailing list is up to you.

That's fine :>  I wish your (hopefully big) team the best.

> I did not see a script called "replay" listed in the diagram at the
> URL you posted.  The name hints at an action that is not clear to me
> how it applies to a mailing list.  Therefore I have no opinion about
> it since I have no idea what it does.

Oops, `ssoma-replay'.  I think it was named `mlmmj-replay' at
some point...  But it relies on ssoma, which only worked on v1
inboxes(*).  I'll probably rewrite *-replay it to use NNTP one
day, so the server(s) running the outgoing mail delivery won't
even need to keep a message on the SMTP server.  But here it
is in its current state:

  https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git/tree/scripts/ssoma-replay

(*) https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox-v1-format.html

And the flow diagram can get really complex, because anybody
can replay any inbox to anybody else...