mailman

splitting file by size X and the remaining part

From: Laszlo Toth
Subject: splitting file by size X and the remaining part
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 22:07:44 +0200

Dear GNU mailman,

I am Laszlo Toth, I have intention to gain back my 7zip archived 73 GB
stuff from a corrupted archive file

I am writing about a specific Linux command, the name is split. I need a
solution to split files into 2 parts by size as a parameter, X size and
the remaining part of the splitted file size. Because I need to
disassemble my corrupt file into start header, compressed data, end of
compressed data, metadata block and end of header. I would be glad a
parametrized Linux command, shell script or something like that. Thank
you for your help.

If you know a solution please help me.

--
BR: