make-w32

Re: Prerelease GNU Make 4.4.0.90 on Windows using tcc compiler

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: Prerelease GNU Make 4.4.0.90 on Windows using tcc compiler
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2023 09:43:15 -0500

On Sun, 2023-01-15 at 16:39 +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> I'm guessing that Christian asked Savannah to produce a snapshot of
> the Git repository (it has such abilities for every project), and
> that gives a tarball where some files you generate when tarring a
> release aren't present.

I see.

The snapshots created by Savannah are simply copies of the current HEAD
of the Git repository: it's the same as cloning the repository except
you don't need Git itself.

For these types of snapshots you must build it as if it were a Git
clone, following the instructions in the README.git file.  See the
section:

Building from Git for Windows
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/make.git/tree/README.git?h=4.4#n163