man-db-announce

[Man-db-announce] man-db 2.5.4 released

From: Colin Watson
Subject: [Man-db-announce] man-db 2.5.4 released
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 12:34:29 +0000

[Sorry this is late. My first attempt got lost and it took me a while to
notice.]

I've released man-db 2.5.4.

Description
-----------

man-db contains an implementation of the man command, which is the
primary way of examining the on-line help files (manual pages). Other
utilities provided include the whatis and apropos commands for searching
the manual page database, the manpath utility for determining the manual
page search path, and the maintenance utilities mandb, catman and
zsoelim. The package requires a troff installation, such as groff (GNU
troff) to format and display the manual pages.

About this release
------------------

This release adds support for regular expression and wildcard searches
in man, and for disabling hyphenation; it fixes a few bugs in manual
page ordering and fixes lexgrog's parsing to stop on any unrecognised
request; and it improves support for the recently-released Groff 1.20.

For full details of these and of the other improvements in this release,
please see the files docs/NEWS and docs/ChangeLog in the source
distribution.

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/man-db/
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/man-db/man-db-2.5.4.tar.gz
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/man-db/man-db-2.5.4.tar.gz.sig