man-db-announce

[Man-db-announce] man-db 2.8.2 released

From: Colin Watson
Subject: [Man-db-announce] man-db 2.8.2 released
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 15:03:10 +0000

I've released man-db 2.8.2.

Description
===========

man-db contains an implementation of the man command, which is the
primary way of examining the on-line help files (manual pages).  Other
utilities provided include the whatis and apropos commands for searching
the manual page database, the manpath utility for determining the manual
page search path, and the maintenance utilities mandb, catman and
zsoelim.  The package requires a troff installation, such as groff (GNU
troff) to format and display the manual pages.

About this release
==================

Fixes:
------

* Make seccomp sandbox allow kill and tgkill when the signal is
  directed at the current process or one of its threads; this is
  needed by xz.

* Make seccomp sandbox allow ioctl(fd, TIOCGWINSZ), since that's used
  by musl.

* Work around the proprietary "ESET File Security" antivirus program in
  seccomp sandbox: if this is in use then we need to allow some
  socket-related system calls.

* Work around the "snoopy" execve() wrapper and logger in seccomp
  sandbox: if this is in use then we need to allow some
  socket-related system calls.

* Interpret EFAULT from seccomp_load as meaning that seccomp is
  unavailable, since this can be returned by some versions of
  qemu-user.

For full details, please see the ChangeLog file in the source
distribution.

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/man-db/
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/download/man-db/man-db-2.8.2.tar.xz
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/download/man-db/man-db-2.8.2.tar.xz.asc