maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with german city borders

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Problem with german city borders
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:17:17 +0100

Hello,

Le Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:30:39 +0100,
Lennard <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>
> > For example, Berlin is a Länder, so it has an administrative
> > boundary of level 4. But Berlin is also a city, so why doesn't it
> > have an administrative boundary of 8 ?
>
> Indeed, and that's the way we do it in The Netherlands, for the few
> cases where, in our case, admin_level 8==10. I don't see why Berlin
> couldn't have both a relation as Land and as city, covering exactly
> the same outline.

Ok, so France and Nederlands are doing this, so why not Germany ? :-)

> And speaking of our Dutch admin_level=10: it would be good to be able
> to use that level in Maposmatic as well. I can elaborate as to what
> it stands for in NL and why it's logical to print city maps from that
> level, but I'll leave that for another time.

True. In France, cities like Paris, Lyon and Marseille (level 8) are
divided into arrondissements (level 10). This administrative level
makes sense, so we could enable it.

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni                         http://thomas.enix.org