maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Missing city name in result files!

From: Jeroen van Rijn
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Missing city name in result files!
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:02:12 +0100

http://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/الصفحة_الرئيسية would suggest different.

> If you have a idea of how we could transliterate the map names into ...
> something, we're interested and will try to implement it!

I'd start with encoding them, for example using punycode:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punycode

http://pydoc.org/2.5.1/encodings.punycode.html

Regards,
Jeroen.

--
"That's like saying that a squirrel is 48% juicier than an orange -
maybe it's true, but anybody who puts the two in a blender to compare