maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Unselectable (largish) administrative boundaries in

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] Unselectable (largish) administrative boundaries in Turkey
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 00:14:05 +0200

Hi,

On 30.04.2012 12:38, David MENTRE wrote:
Hello Hakan,

I see no objection at extending the allowed area. In any case, we have
a timeout if the job takes to much time.

In the meantime, just like Jeroen mentioned, I have created a postgis-enabled schema on my home server and loaded the turkey extract from geofabrik on it.

Nearly a full day of upgrading various software, half an hour of trying to understand the instructions on the maposmatic git repo, and 7:30 minutes of actually loading data with osm2psql :-)

But now, I'm quite lost again, this time lacking any good knowledge of postgis. Could I please have some hints as to how the database is queried for valid objects for the maposmatic dropdown?

Also, if I have the extents of the boundary in degrees, can I use postgis to calculate this into kilometers or would I have to create some program for this?

Regards,
Hakan