maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] slovak translation (ocitysmap.po)

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] slovak translation (ocitysmap.po)
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 19:34:53 +0200

Hello Jozef,

Le Mon, 7 May 2012 14:35:54 +0200,
Jozef Riha <address@hidden> a écrit :

> hello list,
>
> any idea when this translation will be added? thank you, jose

Waouh, you shouldn't have waited one year to ask us again about this.
It had definitely been lost in the mails.

So first of all: thank you very much for taking the time to do the
translation. Our apologizes for the very long delay: do not hesitate to
ping us much more frequently in the future.

I have integrated your .po file, and will make the Slovakian language
available for maps rendering soon on http://dev.maposmatic.org.

A few questions:

 (*) Since your submission one year ago, the translation strings have
     changed quite a bit. I have updated the slovakian .po file. Can
     you update the translation? See

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic/ocitysmap.git/tree/locale/sk/LC_MESSAGES/ocitysmap.po.

 (*) Do the street names in Slovakian require some special handling in
     order to be properly sorted in a street index? I.e, do the street
     names look like "Foobar Street" or "Street of Foobar" ?

 (*) Would you be interested in doing the translation for the
     MapOSMatic website itself?

Thanks again for your contribution!

Thomas
--