maposmatic-dev

Re: [Maposmatic-dev] How to develop with translations on Transifex?

From: Hakan Tandogan
Subject: Re: [Maposmatic-dev] How to develop with translations on Transifex?
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 10:16:05 +0200

On 28.04.2013 03:37, Maxime Petazzoni wrote:
Hakan,

Another quick question.

We just made an update to that script today to also extract strings from .js
files
But apparently that script automatically reverted itself back by a self-commit
I don't understand why it needs to do that. Could you elaborate? Could
you also restore the change that I made earlier?

Hi Maxime,

It is as Jeoren said, mostly a security measure so I always run known-to-be-secure versions of the scripts.

I have restored the change, and the key extraction is running as I write this email (10:07) and has also been pushed to savannah [1] and transifex.

I am planning to extract those scripts into a seperate git repo from which they can be referenced as a gitmodule (or something like that, I'm not really sure of the full workflow yet). The intention would be that my machine still runs known-to-be-secure versions of the scripts, but you guys can still make improvements and I can validate and merge them even when I don't full internet access (Mo to Fr, don't ask...)

Regards,
Hakan

[1] http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/maposmatic.git/commit/?id=fe7c59ad0a7a1e31b89c33e81430a2b09e7f366e