mediagoblin-devel

Installing on Fedora: Missing paste.script module

From: Michael McCallister
Subject: Installing on Fedora: Missing paste.script module
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 15:59:04 -0500

Hey Goblins,

By way of introduction, I'm writing an article on MediaGoblin for Linux Format, only I'm having trouble getting started. I hope it's something trivial that I'm forgetting.

Running Fedora 32 in a VirtualBox VM.

I am following the deployment guide, and I've gotten through populating the (sqlite) database. I've created the dbadmin, but when I run the lazyserver command, it craps out with ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'paste.script'

If I then try to open the server in Firefox, there's no connection.

I am running the lazyserver script and the previous items as the unprivileged 'mediagoblin' account (at least I'm pretty sure of that). To be safe, I used (copy/pasted) all the default directory names when asked to.

I wonder whether I should just configure postgres and try again.

All advice much appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike McCallister

Mike McCallister