mediagoblin-devel

Re: Error install mediagoblin using docker

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: Re: Error install mediagoblin using docker
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2021 15:21:30 +1100

On Fri, 05 Mar 2021, Jesús E  via wrote:

> On 04/03/21 15:58, irene@disroot.org wrote:
>> I have tried to install mediagoblin with docker but I get the error over and
>> over again.
>>
>> $ docker --version
>> Docker version 20.10.4, build
>>
>> $ docker build --tag mediagoblin -f Dockerfile-debian-python3-sqlite .
>> Best match: py-bcrypt 0.4
>> Processing py-bcrypt-0.4.tar.gz
>> Writing /tmp/easy_install-dp9tf1e6/py-bcrypt-0.4/setup.cfg
>> Running py-bcrypt-0.4/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
>> /tmp/easy_install-dp9tf1e6/py-bcrypt-0.4/egg-dist-tmp-cnyl82x_
>> error: Setup script exited with error: command 'x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc' failed
>> with exit status 1
>> make: *** [Makefile:119: bin/python] Error 1
>> The command '/bin/sh -c make' returned a non-zero code: 2
>>

> It's a debian:buster distro issue, you can change the
> Dockerfile-debian-python3-sqlite file to debian:sid and it should work.
>
> It's also necessary to add missing dependencies[0] in setup.py, you can
> guide yourself from a fork I made.
>
> [0]:
> https://git.sr.ht/~heckyel/mediagoblin/commit/e3d4c16ca3809bf45b45aa3c1d86f173fd2b0cf3

I'm curious about why this failed though, as apart from one failing test
in the test suite, that image is building successfully for me on a Debian
Buster base image. I use the following command to build with no local
build context:

docker build -t mediagoblin-python3 - < Dockerfile-debian-python3-sqlite

Irene, can you please try the above and see if it's any better for you?
I've made significant updates to this Docker file in the last week, so
please do a git pull first (Dockerfile was previously referencing an out
of date personal branch of mine).

Regards,
Ben