mifluz-dev

[Mifluz-dev] Is mifluz still developed + some questions

From: Gordon Paynter
Subject: [Mifluz-dev] Is mifluz still developed + some questions
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:19:54 -0800

Is anyone here?

I'm curious to know if mifluz is still actively developed.  The most
recent version on the homapage seems to be 0.23 from last July, but
the debian packages suggest there exists a version 0.24.  What's the
story?

I have two questions, which arise from the fact that I'm replacing the
inverted indexes for a DL project.

1. The reason I need to do this is that Berkeley DB is unstable.
   Mifluz appears to be based on Berkely DB. Are there stability
   issues?

2. Is it possible to associate data with occurences of words?  We
   currently store each word's "field" and "category" and a couple of
   other bits of data in a 32-bit bitfield with each _occurence_ of a
   word, and also the words offset (currently 32-bit unsigned).  Can
   mifluz do this?

If anyone responds: thanks.

Gordon