mifluz-dev

[Mifluz-dev] Question on API

From: Brian Aker
Subject: [Mifluz-dev] Question on API
Date: 17 Feb 2002 14:34:15 -0800

I think mifluz is exactly what I have been looking for. I need a library
that will allow me to do the following:
1) Has an API that allows me to create an initial index from the api.
2) Allows me to insert a blob of text with a unique keyword
3) Allows me to pass it a query string and have it return the unique
keyword that the text was identified with when it was inserted (and it
would be really nice if it gave back some sort of number representing
the matched value).
4) Allows me to delete entries (and replace).
5) Needs to be thread safe and not leak memory.
6) It would be great if I could restrict a search to a certain set of
unique keywords (aka the keys representing the text blobs).
7) Needs to be able to search and index that was created with 1 gig of
text in under 3 seconds.

Is mifluz what I am looking for? I know glimpse well enough to use it,
but it is not GPL'ed and it is far from being thread safe.

Thanks for any info.
        -Brian

Brian Aker, address@hidden
Slashdot Senior Developer