mifluz-dev

Re: [Mifluz-dev] (your mail)

From: Geoff Hutchison
Subject: Re: [Mifluz-dev] (your mail)
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 16:18:13 -0400 (EDT)

On 29 May 2002, Brian Aker wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-05-29 at 12:42, Andreas Jung wrote:
> > Thanks all for the explanation. At least I know now that mifluz is
> > not so attractive to integrate it into Zope for fulltext indexing since
> > it has similiar or better functionalities already.
> That is funny. I was going to be doing the same thing with Slash in a
> couple of weeks but if it is no longer going to be developed I am going

*Woah*

You're misreading what I said. "No longer going to be developed" and "Loic
is not currently actively developing" are two different statements.

The code is good. There are many active and interested development
projects that are using mifluz. And obviously the ht://Dig Group has a
vested interest in improving and handling mifluz bugs. It's not
unreasonable to assume that ht://Dig may "take back" mifluz since there's
currently no assigned FSF maintainer. It deserves a home somewhere.

No, I don't know if Loic will continue to develop mifluz code. But it's
GPL'ed code, so who cares if he does? IMHO, you shouldn't claim "no longer
going to be developed." Does it or does it not meet your needs?

I can think of many examples of GPL'ed code that have been picked up again
by new maintainers. And as I said, there are clearly projects with
interest in mifluz, just from this thread.

--
-Geoff Hutchison
Williams Students Online