[MIT-Scheme-devel] intel macs

From: Dan Starr
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] intel macs
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:07:25 -0500

Hey guys,

I am now considering getting an Intel-based Mac. One of your pages suggests strongly that I could build MIT Scheme on it by following the apparently simple directions. I have several questions.

I’m not a unix freak, and doing this would likely take a volley of emails. But I have been through this before, in fact, with other compilers. What is your reaction? Is somebody else already doing this? Will it get done soon enough anyhow? If successful, I would be delighted to share my build with others.

If I go ahead with this, shelling out for a new machine, which version would be the most proper to mess with? The most stable, or the most developed? I don’t use X11. Is that needed? Wish to keep it simple.

please advise

-- devious dan