Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] GNU mit-scheme build system

From: Taylor R. Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] GNU mit-scheme build system
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 21:05:45 +0000

I don't know whether Chris responded privately, but I didn't see any
response on this list, and a month has passed, so I'll just respond
briefly...

The problem you are encountering is that you don't have a Scheme
compiler with which to compile MIT Scheme's Scheme source.  There are
two different distributions: binary and source.  The former is
necessary for the latter, and, while the documentation you mentioned
refers to the binary distribution, you were trying to use the source
distribution.  I'm pretty sure that, if you have a binary MIT Scheme
for bootstrapping, the source distribution can be built and installed
using the ./configure && make && make install method you mentioned in
your mail.