Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] "Unknown directive name" while compiling "turtle.

From: Arthur A. Gleckler
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] "Unknown directive name" while compiling "turtle.scm"
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 23:49:11 -0700

On Aug 7, 2006, at 10:56 PM, Arthur A. Gleckler wrote:

Even after doing <make clean>, I'm consistently getting the error "Unknown directive name" while compiling "turtle.scm" as part of <make>. Has anyone else seen this?

Aha! I found Chris's 29 Jun 2006 answer to another question about this problem here:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/mit-scheme-users/2006-06/ msg00015.html

This is a problem with staging.  The *PARSER subsystem needs to be
upgraded before the XML subsystem can be compiled.  I'm not sure if
there's a simple answer to this or if I'll have to partially revert
that change.

I also had the problem with a missing "make.com", and looked back through my transcript to find the real error.

I'll just patch my changes into the binary distribution until the next release.