[MIT-Scheme-devel] GTk+ in MIT-Scheme?

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] GTk+ in MIT-Scheme?
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 23:56:23 -0700

Bless me brothers, for I have Schemed.  It has been 15 months since my
last confession.  During that time I implemented a Scheme widget
called <scm-layout>.  It supports "native" scrolling of a <drawing>, a
display list of <drawn-item>s, e.g. <text-item>s, <image-item>s, and
that's about it.  It supports "animation".  Drawn-items can be erased
and re-drawn.  Its text-items are implemented using PangoLayouts, so
Unicode text can be drawn.  Its images are loaded incrementally via
GdkPixbufLoaders, which accept a variety of image formats through any
Scheme input port.

The source and documentation can be read online or extracted from
tarballs available here:

        http://birkholz.chandler.az.us/~matt/Scheme/

The new Edwin screen should follow forthwith (perhaps before 2009!).

Will anyone be shocked or disturbed if I offer patches converting
Edwin's smalltalk-like windows to SOS instances?

How about SWAT?  Are there SWAT users out there that would appreciate
a port to Scheme/FFI/Gtk?

Yours In Scheme,
Friar Matt