Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] git?

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] git?
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 03:58:12 -0700

> From: Chris Hanson <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:47:10 -0700
> [...]
> >
> > git-cvsimport (cvsps) crapped out on me.  I quote:
> >
> >        Unknown: error
> >
> > Maybe I will upgrade to Jaunty first...
>
> It won't help.  There is some strangeness in the oldest entries that
> defeats git because it only works through the CVS command-line
> interface and is unable to deal with the way the revision numbers are
> sequenced.  It uses heuristics to reassemble the tree, and the
> heuristics break down on these cases.

My import dies after printing this:

        Fetching src/runtime/hash.scm   v 1.27

I find that I cannot get revision 1.27 via cvs command line:

    $ cvs update -r1.27 -p src/runtime/hash.scm
    Checking out src/runtime/hash.scm
    RCS:  /cvsroot/mit-scheme/mit-scheme/v7/src/runtime/hash.scm,v
    VERS: 1.27
    cvs [update aborted]: invalid change text in
/cvsroot/mit-scheme/mit-scheme/v7/src/runtime/hash.scm,v

Isn't "invalid change text" a problem in hash.scm,v?

The log for that file is a bit queer.  Revision 13.46.1.1 is listed
last, after 1.27.

>[...] it's possible to get the RCS files from savannah for this
>purpose.

How do I get ahold of this weird hash.scm,v file?