Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Use of 'runtime.pkg'

From: Amit Saha
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Use of 'runtime.pkg'
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 17:41:47 +0530

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Matt Birkholz
<address@hidden> wrote:

> > From: Amit Saha <address@hidden>
> > Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 23:44:47 +0530
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > What is the 'runtime.pkg' used for? Is it the repository of all the
> > exported symbols ?
>
> It is The Source for all package information -- package names, imports
> and exports, etc.  It is used by runtime.sf, which runs
> (cref/generate-constructors "runtime" 'ALL), which analyzes the named
> files, reports on free/undefined variables, and produces a .pkd file
> to direct the construction of the actual package environments at
> runtime.

Is there any way, information about the arguments of the exported
symbols may be obtained? I am interested in the 'runtime thread'
package.

Thanks,
Amit

--
http://amitksaha.blogspot.com
http://amitsaha.in.googlepages.com/

"Recursion is the basic iteration mechanism in Scheme"
--- http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TailRecursion