Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] GTk+ in MIT-Scheme?

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] GTk+ in MIT-Scheme?
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:32:18 -0700

> From: bnewbold <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 21:46:01 -0400 (EDT)
>
> As a datapoint, it works for me. [...]

Thanks for giving it a whirl.

If you left the demo running any length of time, you might have found
it can get itself wedged, burning up CPU in the GC or otherwise being
naughty.  I have a fix available in my git repo.  If you have a clone
of

        git://git.sv.gnu.org/mit-scheme.git
or
        ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/guile.git

you should be able to pull my Gtk.  You might want to merge it on a
branch from master.

        git checkout master
        git branch my-Gtk
        git checkout my-Gtk
        git pull git://birkholz.chandler.az.us/~matt/mit-scheme.git Gtk

If you just want to build it (not hack it), this should work:

        git fetch git://birkholz.chandler.az.us/~matt/mit-scheme.git \
                Gtk:matts-Gtk
        git checkout matts-Gtk
        (cd src; ./Setup.sh)

That's just like the pull except my Gtk branch was not merged with
your master branch -- just stored as your matts-Gtk branch.  Do not
commit on top of matts-Gtk or your next fetch cannot "fast forward"
the branch... or my grok of git is no good. :-)

A patch file should be available "real soon".  My web pages are
lagging while my scripts get gitsterized.

> A tiny bug (?), for some reason building the documentation fails at:
>
> @verbatiminclude ../../src/ffi/prhello.scm
>
> even though that relative path is correct from the appropriate directory.
> Not sure what's wrong, tex logs just say they can't find the file. Could
> be my mangled setup?

I know I am trying to escape $top_srcdir there, but I don't want to
duplicate prhello.scm.  I was just sort of hoping...

It works for me with "makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.11" on Ubuntu Jaunty.

Do you use a multi-architecture build setup?

I hope the six weeks(!) it took me to reply did not seem hopelessly
unresponsive.  Relativistic time dilation is a bitch.