Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Debian (Ubuntu) build files.

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Debian (Ubuntu) build files.
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 23:30:15 -0700

It's not really appropriate to have the debian/ subdir in the repo.
The problem is that the debian/ subdir is different for each debian
release, so there isn't any single subdir that does the job.  Each
Debian release is different, and Ubuntu releases are different from
Debian releases.  There _is_ a master copy of this directory, and it's
on my computer under git control.  That master copy corresponds to
Debian unstable, but when I do a release, I hand-tweak the directory
for other purposes.

If for some reason it was decided that the Debian unstable version
should be in the MIT Scheme repo, that _might_ be OK, but we'd have to
make that clear with a README file or some such.