Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] compiler bug

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] compiler bug
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:58:28 -0400

   Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:57:48 -0700
   From: Chris Hanson <address@hidden>

   FYI, while testing my most recent changes, I ran across a recent
   compiler bug.  To reproduce: using the current compiler, do a fresh
   compile from sources.  Then use that compiler to do another fresh
   compile.  The second compilation hangs during the compilation of
   "cref/anfile" (the very first file to compile).  The problem appears
   to be that the compiler is running map over a list of items, but that
   the list is circular.

Yikes.  And I thought that my two-iteration build for testing before
pushing would suffice, but it didn't turn this up, because I'm
starting with an image made 2009-02-24, building the current sources,
and then building them again using the newly built compiler.  I guess
I'll bump that to a three-iteration build and see what happens.