Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] refactoring done

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] refactoring done
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:32:14 -0400

   Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 23:57:44 -0700
   From: Chris Hanson <address@hidden>

   OK, I'm done refactoring the syntax stuff.  Hopefully it's a little
   easier to follow now.  I didn't make any major changes to the
   syntaxing, just rearranged it to make the interfaces clearer and to
   improve readability some.

One major change you did make was to eliminate the history tracking.
Although none of the system exploited this, and although there was
some extra complexity in the bookkeeping for this, I often found it
invaluable for debugging macros.  It would have been even nicer to
teach the debugger about this so that we could have an expansion
stepper like the one in DrScheme that I have heard people rave about.