Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] building for X86_64 on OS X Snow Leopard (10.6)

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] building for X86_64 on OS X Snow Leopard (10.6)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 16:41:45 -0800

I built this last night, starting from the 20090107 snapshot; it worked fine.

FYI, I did the following, after removing all mit-scheme stuff from
/usr/local/bin and /usr/local/lib:

tar xzf mit-scheme-c-20090107.tar.gz
cd mit-scheme-c-20090107/src
etc/make-liarc.sh
make install
cd ...../mit-scheme/src
etc/make-native.sh --enable-native-code=x86-64

The last line overrides the default code generator which is i386 --
incorrect for snow leopard, and perhaps the source of the problems
here.