Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] make-eq-hash-table

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] make-eq-hash-table
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 12:12:33 -0500

   Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:49:38 -0800
   From: Chris Hanson <address@hidden>

   I agree with most of your analysis.

OK, I'll start making the changes.

   *** xml/xml-names.scm

   This is hairy: part of it looks like it needs to be datum-weak, but we
   don't have that now.  But someone more familiar with the XML name
   abstraction should review this.

   All three tables should be weak.

Making them weak will do nothing, actually, because every datum in
them has a strong reference to its key.  These want to be datum-weak
hash tables, not key-weak hash tables.  So I think that for now, since
we don't have datum-weak hash tables, these should all be strong,
perhaps with a comment about what the state of affairs should be.