Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] fasl hook or something

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] fasl hook or something
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:47:06 -0700

> From: Joe Marshall <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 16:59:53 -0700
>
> The reason I want to intern is to have EQ-ness.

My definition of intern refers specifically to eq?.  If

        (not (eq? (thing.unique t1) (thing.unique t2)))

then the re-intern-unique function needs some work.

> The wrapper trick you suggest won't quite do it.

What are you dumping?  It is one object -- a "wrapper" object?
Whether an rb-tree or just a list of data, you must provide a working
re-intern-datum function, and run it over the fasloaded copy, no?

How about using the existing fasl hook, i.e. the load function?  Dump
code.

    (map re-intern-datum '(#[datum 1] #[datum 2] #[datum 3]))

That gets the work done at load time.

Warmer?  Can I get a usage case?  Someone is flying blind here.  :-}