Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Compiling Scheme Codes into Executables

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Compiling Scheme Codes into Executables
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 02:24:17 +0000

   Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 18:35:16 -0500
   From: Randolph Chiu Tan <address@hidden>

   I have some questions regarding on how to compile a MIT scheme code
   into executable binaries. I tried the compilation procedures in
   section 4.2 of the users manual and I get some .bin, .bci and .com
   files. However, I got errors that it cannot execute the binary
   files when I try to execute them in the bash shell. I have checked
   the file permissions and I have permission to execute them. Am I
   using the compiler correctly?

Your operating system doesn't know anything about the format of .bin,
.com, &c., files, or how to execute compiled Scheme code; you must
load it into Scheme to do that, usually either with the LOAD procedure
or with the `--load' command-line option to the `mit-scheme' program.