Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] GTk+ in MIT-Scheme?

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] GTk+ in MIT-Scheme?
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 22:30:40 -0700

Bless me, brothers, for I have Schemed.  It has been 9 months since my
last confession.  Since then I have been hacking mostly on a
Gtk-Screen for Edwin, though I did dally with a SWAT emulator.

My dalliance has actually produced a working Pole Zero application,
though I am not sure anything more will be forthcoming.  Mouse
movement is not handled fast enough to drag the tiny poles and zeros
around without dropping them.  I think SWAT needs better support, like
a way to designate the objects chosen for dragging.  Anyway, most of
the SWAT support has been migrating into my Scheme canvas.  I would be
more interested in porting any other cool apps from SWAT to the Gtk
interface.

Does anyone have any cool SWAT apps they would like to see re-animated?

The canvas demo has also grown, to exercise the new inks.  I also
threw another thread at it, to spin a golden ring -- The One who will
free them all, and in the light unbind them... and all that.

You might notice that, after a day or two of spinning The One, your
free space will have noticeably shrunk.  I thought I had a memory leak
somewhere, but then I happened to (trigger-secondary-gc-daemons!) and
all my heap came back!

As usual, my code is here:

        http://birkholz.chandler.az.us/~matt/Scheme/

and here:

        git://birkholz.chandler.az.us/~matt/mit-scheme.git

The reference manual is now a real reference, mentioning every class
and procedure in the Gtk interface.  It also covers installation, and
running the demos.

Yours in Scheme,
-Friar Puck