Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] bookkeeping memory allocated per primitive

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] bookkeeping memory allocated per primitive
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 20:41:24 +0000

   Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 07:46:29 +0000
   From: Taylor R Campbell <address@hidden>

   I performed some not particularly scientific tests which indicated
   that this patch made compiling the whole system take about .5% more
   time.  I think that is an acceptable cost for making the system more
   robust, but perhaps you may disagree.

   Any objections to committing this?

Rather than wait longer for any objections, I've just committed this
together with a change to the i386 and x86-64 back ends to improve
overall system performance by 20%, using the same unscientific tests.
(Do a two-stage build to get the effect.)