[MIT-Scheme-devel] mit scheme runtime

From: Matt Birkholz
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] mit scheme runtime
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2011 14:23:38 -0700

> From: zonick <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:32:00 +0400
>
> Hi
> I built mit-scheme-c on Solaris 11 Express and I want to find docs for
> the mit-scheme runtime library (e.g. pgsql or thread packages) !
> Please, Help me... Where I can find it ?

All Answers are in The Source.

src/runtime/runtime.pkg may be helpful.  The list of bindings exported
from (runtime thread) to () constitute the API, roughly.

> 6 sec !
>
> Thank you very much !

Ummm... we were not *trying* for 6 sec.  That was just an accident.

If speed is important to you, you might want a Scheme that explodes
like a C program when it traps or is signaled.  MIT/GNU Scheme trades
some speed for reliable signal handling, signal after signal, even
trap after trap...

Precise, copy-compressing garbage collection also imposes somewhat
upon speed (beyond the actual copying -- tagging and untagging every
pointer!).