Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Cannot start Edwin

From: Visar Zejnullahu
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Cannot start Edwin
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:04:21 +0100

> This might be more up-to-date:
>

> http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/documentation/mit-scheme-user/Starting-Edwin.html

I tried calling the procedures edit, edwin or create-editor, and this
is what I got (only the edit, edwin and create-editor change, to avoid
repeating):

1 ]=> (edit)
;Can't find any usable display type;To continue, call RESTART with an
option number:; (RESTART 1) => Return to read-eval-print level 1.
2 error> (RESTART 1)
;Abort!

> Do these lines appear during compile-microcode?
>
>    checking for X... no
>    checking ncurses.h usability... no
>    checking curses.h usability... no
>    checking term.h usability... no
>    checking termcap.h usability... no
>    configure: WARNING: No termcap library found; will emulate it

Yes, they do (during ./configure stage).

> Have you installed all of the developer's packages needed to build
> shared libraries linked to libX11.so and/or ncurses/termcap?

Frankly, I don't know what these are :) so I guess the answer is no, I haven't.