[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[MIT-Scheme-devel] Some performance improvements

From: Joe Marshall
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Some performance improvements
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:42:39 -0800

Hi all,

I've just pushed some changes that make a noticeable improvement
in the performance of the compiler.  (I picked a few low-hanging fruits
-- mostly changing some important large alists to hash tables.)

A couple of the changes were to the CFG nodes in the compiler.  I found
that I had to re-syntax and re-compile the compiler `by hand' with the band rather than using the band and using make.
(This seems to be because the CFG node constructors have been turned
into macros, so the nodes get built using the `old' expansion, but end
up being used with the `new' definitions and you get some weird errors.)

I added a small section to the top-level README.txt that briefly
explains how to re-syntax and compile the compiler with an interpreted
version of itself.


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]