Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Reading command-line arguments from MIT-Scheme.

From: giorgio xyzb
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Reading command-line arguments from MIT-Scheme.
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:47:26 +0000

Hello again,

I managed to find a solution, which seems to work.

I have created a file init.scm with the following content:

  (define command-line-args '())

  (define parse-argument-list
    (lambda (arg-list)
      (set! command-line-args
        (if (null? arg-list)
            (list)
            (cdr arg-list)))))

  (set-command-line-parser! "args" parse-argument-list)

In this way, when the command line option --args is found, the function
parse-argument-list is invoked.

I have loaded this file into the mit-scheme interpreter and saved a world image
(init.com) using the procedure disk.save.

I have then written a shell script (bash) that invokes my main Scheme script as
follows:

  mit-scheme --band "init.com" --interactive --batch-mode --args $* <
myscript.scm

Finally, in my main script I can access the command line arguments through the
variable

  command-line-args

I hope this is the standard / correct way to do this.

Best regards
Giorgio