[MIT-Scheme-devel] Edwin slow file save over WebDAV

From: Richard Loveland
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Edwin slow file save over WebDAV
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:38:51 -0400

Hi,

I've recently switched from using GNU Emacs to Edwin to edit files mounted using WebDAV. For some reason, when saving the files, Edwin is very slow to finish saving and begin accepting user input again. Noticeably slower than performing the same operation using GNU Emacs on the same computer, for example.

Wondering if there is any setting in Edwin or Scheme I can change/anything I can to do speed up the file save operation and return of control to user input?

On Mac OS X 10.6.8, running mit scheme built with homebrew; output of

(identify-world)
Copyright (C) 2011 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Image saved on Saturday May 19, 2012 at 10:19:15 PM
  Release 9.1.1 || Microcode 15.3 || Runtime 15.7 || SF 4.41 || LIAR/C 4.118 || Edwin 3.116
;Unspecified return value

Thanks!
Rich Loveland