[MIT-Scheme-devel] Edwin cannot run `M-x shell' on Mac OS 10.8

From: Richard M. Loveland
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Edwin cannot run `M-x shell' on Mac OS 10.8
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 07:10:37 -0700

I guess the upcoming new release will solve this issue, but just the
same -- in Edwin on Mac OS 10.8, when I run `M-x shell', the following
error appears (and the shell fails to open):

The primitive channel-nonblocking, while executing the fcntl-setfl
   system call, received the error: Inappropriate ioctl for device.

This happens when Scheme is built from source using the Homebrew package
manager or when I use the pre-built 64-bit download from
gnu.org/s/mit-scheme.

Otherwise Edwin appears to work normally.