Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] help with tracing

From: Joe Marshall
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] help with tracing
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 05:39:20 -0800

Trace only works on interpreted procedures. Compiled procedures cannot be traced.

On Nov 15, 2014 1:43 AM, "Catonano" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello people,

I'm not sure this is the right place for this, I'm sorry if it's not. Just point me to the right place, if it's not. Thanks

(trace sqrt) doesn't work for me. When I call sqrt aftewards having called trace on it, I see no tracing.

I'm giving a SICP course to some young guys. The wrote down the code for the square root in the first lesson and I wanted to show off the debugger (tracer) in order to reinforce the ideas of substituition.

But I can't manage to trace or debug to see subsets or frames.

I even tried to trace the + function like this

(trace +)
(+ 2 2)

to no avail

This is the mit-scheme version

~$ mit-scheme --version
MIT/GNU Scheme microcode 15.3
Copyright (C) 2014 Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Image saved on Saturday May 17, 2014 at 2:39:25 AM
  Release 9.2 || Microcode 15.3 || Runtime 15.7 || SF 4.41 || LIAR/x86-64 4.118
  Edwin 3.116
Moriturus te saluto.

 Is it me or can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks