Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Symmetric MultiProcessing

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Symmetric MultiProcessing
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 20:52:09 +0000

   Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 20:50:54 +0000
   From: Taylor R Campbell <address@hidden>

      Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 13:14:47 -0700
      From: Friar Puck <address@hidden>

      I considered that, but the abstraction seemed generally useful (and
      widely neglected), Scheme mutexes are cheap to create, and more are
      better, contention-wise.  At this point, serial-populations are
      implemented and tested.

   Hmm?  I don't understand.  Why create two separate abstractions?  Just
   protect all protections by a mutex by default, inside the population
   abstraction.

I meant: `Just protect all _populations_ by a mutex by default, inside
the population abstraction.'