[MIT-Scheme-devel] Fixes pushed

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-devel] Fixes pushed
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 00:59:53 -0800

I've finished fixing the issues with parameters; all public parameters are now called param:foo and each corresponds to the appropriate *foo*.

Most of these parameters are write-only from the user side, so I've bound the *foo* variables to #!default and changed the code to pay attention only when they are modified.

The remaining ones are trickier; e.g. *default-pathname-defaults* which is documented to be bound to a suitable pathname. These I handled on a case-by-case basis.

The end result is that most old programs that use fluid-let should continue to work.

You might have noticed that I completely flushed the "fluid" objects, using parameters instead. Parameters are now standardized, not just in SRFI but also in R7RS, so it seemed like the right thing to do. I also expanded the ways that parameters can be built, giving additional control over getting and setting them; in some cases this allows the parameter to be used without a wrapper procedure.

Note that I haven't yet updated the documentation to reflect these changes. I'll get around to that soon.

Please let me know if I broke anything.