Re: painter implementation for picture language in SICP

From: Taylor R Campbell
Subject: Re: painter implementation for picture language in SICP
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2020 18:25:09 +0000

> Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2020 13:00:15 -0500
> From: David Liu <address@hidden>
>
> I got up to the step above, then got a bunch of compilation errors [1] in
> termcap.c, all of which are caused by the Werror flag.

Ugh, those come from an archaic bodgy reimplementation of half of
termcap or something.

Try installing the ncurses development files (libncurses5-dev on
Debian-type systems, for example), or terminfo development files, or
something like that, so you get the system's termcap/terminfo/whatever
library instead?

(We should maybe just delete tparam.c and termcap.c and make the
system termcap/terminfo mandatory...)