Re: Kerouac [was: Groundhog Day]

From: Clive Tovero
Subject: Re: Kerouac [was: Groundhog Day]
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 04:52:00 +0000

POST INTERNET

The Pax Re-did-it was short lived, the barbarians are past the gates (or at least my spam filter) and in the ranks.  I really couldn't tell from the headers, but it was probably a spam farm, could be just from logging into Re-did-it in the first place.  I was typing in their JS editor, it crashed, and an ad came up in another window.  Man, that seems a little insecure.  Of course, I also thought that about gcc when it was compiling Libfive with template metaprogramming and it crashed my desktop, apparently it was a memory exhaustion problem because of a poorly specified, incomplete attempt at Lisp macros.  It fell on deaf ears.

I don't think, perhaps, you people in the free world know the heroic risks I took going there (and here). I'm printing out Machinate's source to paper, just in case.

"Et tu, Edwin?" (Machinate's new exit message.)

..#]^@^@^@ NO CARRIER

(Why does MIT Scheme put its exit messages in "./src/microcode/errors.h"?  It considers exiting to be an error?  That does make you think about maybe Edwin won't relinquish control either, someday.)