mit-scheme-users

[MIT-Scheme-users] Problems with MIT scheme on windows: scheme refuses t

From: Thomas Green
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-users] Problems with MIT scheme on windows: scheme refuses to run
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 00:22:58 +0000

Hi. First-time-mailing-lister, so please don't eat me if I miss some important etiquette :)

I've obtained MIT-scheme 9.0.1 and installed it to the default location on my windows 7 machine (C:\Program Files (x86)\MIT-GNU Scheme)

Executing mit-scheme.exe immediately results in complete failure with the following error message:

---------------------------
MIT/GNU Scheme terminating
---------------------------
scheme: can't find a readable default for option --band.
    searched for file all.com in these directories:
    c:\local\mit-scheme
Reason for termination:
Inconsistency detected.
OK

I have made no changes to anything since installing.

I'd be very grateful for help;
thanks, Tom

Get a new e-mail account with Hotmail - Free. Sign-up now.