mit-scheme-users

[MIT-Scheme-users] Scheme for Mac OS Lion

From: Sojourner
Subject: [MIT-Scheme-users] Scheme for Mac OS Lion
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 12:59:47 -0500

Wanting to go through MIT's SICP course and looking for a decent Scheme app for
the Mac. Racket seems to be the most-oft recommended and it really sucks.
MIT-Scheme seems to the be the next most-oft recommended and it's really
non-intuitive.

Googling extensively has turned up lots of leads to apps and command-line
things with substandard instructions and explanations. I'm no beginner to
Terminal or the command-line, but the instructions I've seen assume advanced
knowledge. (Oh yeah, and while I'm willing to compile via Terminal, I've had
nightmares trying to work with MacPorts in the past, so please forego
recommending apps which require installing either MacPorts or Homebrew.)

With as many Mac users who've done SICP, I know there must be some Scheme app
out there that "just works", but where on earth is it? And, at this point, I'm
willing to pay, so recommendations for paid apps are fine.