Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b

From: Pierre Etchemaite
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: pango-20021128b
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 02:42:10 +0100

Le Thu, 28 Nov 2002 21:22:32 +0100, Sven Hartge <address@hidden>
a écrit :

> If you are downloading files belonging to a series of files, then there
> is a very high chance of discovering new sources this way.

What's the probability to discover those other files thru the same way you
learned about the first (querying servers, or source propagation,...) ?

> Problem is: mldonkey cannot know, which files are "linked".

Well, I think that what matters is that only a small number of filerequests
is sent on the general case (the number of "additionnal file requests"
should be bounded by some constant ?)

And if possible nothing on incoming connection from clients not known to be
the source of any file, because I think that includes Lugdunum servers
test connections.