[Mldonkey-users] Stop Uploading to mldonkeys without md4_signature

From: Roland Arendes
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Stop Uploading to mldonkeys without md4_signature
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 14:40:43 +0100 (CET)

Hi

(I'm using 20021129a since a few hours)

This bothers me at the moment:

Total uploads: 63042560
        To eDonkey: 207872 (0.33 %)
   To mldonkey 1.x: 26263552 (41.66 %)
   To mldonkey 2.x: 1390592 (2.21 %)
        To Overnet: 0 (0.00 %)
      To old eMule: 0 (0.00 %)
      To new eMule: 35180544 (55.80 %)
         To server: 0 (0.00 %)

It would be fine to stop uploading to mldonkeys without the new
md4_signature they get with pango20021128a.

Total seens: 15510
      mldonkey 1.x: 897 (5.78 %)
      mldonkey 2.x: 158 (1.02 %)
Total filerequests: 74192
 From mldonkey 1.x: 38399 (51.76 %)
 From mldonkey 2.x: 7539 (10.16 %)

Looking at the patch it seems to me that even the old md4.two-mldonkeys
(the old signature patch) are counted to 2.x.
This calms me down; otherwise, the newer mldonkeys with reduced
filerequests aren't even better than the old ones. (Same Ratio of
Requests/Client (about 45 for me ATM)).

Why are the old 2.00 clients with sig_patch (not md4_sig_patch) thrown
into one pot with the actual patches?
This makes them look that they're not better than the old ones..

-Roland